This policy represents the agreed principles for Student placement or Student work experience throughout the Nursery.
We recognise that the quality and variety of work, which goes on in a nursery, makes it an ideal place for student on placement from school or college child care courses.
Students are welcomed into the nursery on the following conditions:
- The needs of the children are paramount.
- Students will not be admitted in number which hinders the essential work of the nursery.
- Student required to carry out child studies will obtain written permission from the parents of the child to be studied.
- Students must be confirmed by their tutor as being engaged in a bona fide child care course, which provides necessary background understanding of children’s development and activities.
- Students will never be let unattended with children.
- If for any reason the staff, children or parents are unhappy with a student then it will be necessary for he or she to leave immediately.
- Volunteers/ students under the age of 17 cannot count towards the ratio and should be supervised at all times.
- Individuals aged 17 and over who are on long placement may be included in the ratios if the provider is satisfied they are competent and responsible.
- Mobile phones may only be used during break time.