At nursery ‘MOKSLIUKAS’, we provide opportunities for children to develop in a way that will have a direct impact on their future – to remain keen learners for the rest of their lives. Children learn individually and with others through play. We offer our children a play-based curriculum which meets all the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum(EYFS). It supports all aspects of their Learning, Development and Welfare. It encourages their in-built curiosity and desire to make sense of the world around them and helps them to discover that learning is interesting and fun.
The Aims of the Early Years Curriculum
- To provide quality learning experiences for all the children, which are structured, balanced, relevant to the child and related to the real world.
- To provide a curriculum which takes account of, and responds to, the children’s individual developmental need and allows them to make progress related to their different abilities.
- To ensure that the children have positive experiences of success in order to give them confidence and motivation for learning in the future. To work in a happy and caring environment and to be aware of each other’s social needs.
- To provide a practical comprehensive Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which is continued into the Reception year, ensuring consistent and coherent progress from Nursery to Reception.
- To create a partnership with the parents to support and enhance the development of the children, reflecting co-operation and respecting equal opportunities.
- To demonstrate Christian values, and to respect other faiths and traditions.